Friday, March 13, 2009

Dust off Your Hymnals

I caught this today on the Desiring God blog. It is a project from Page CXVI (apparently the page number where C.S. Lewis' character Aslan breathes Narnia into existence).

They have taken some beautiful old hymns and put them to modern music/instruments. This CD is pretty beautiful. Obviously, for anybody that knows me, I love music. So, take delicious delayed guitar and a Rhodes piano and combine that with some lyrics that are oozing with sound, God-honoring theology and you have yourself a hit.

So, if you would like to check out this album, you can download it for free here.

Enjoy with me as we bask together in the greatness of a merciful and holy God.

2 comments:

shaneXetheredge said...

This is my soundtrack for the day.

Thanks for it.

Jesse said...

I’m always surprised when you write about things I just found out about… I guess I shouldn’t be because we read the same sites! Haha. It’s almost like they should charge to use Desiring God… but I’m stoked they don’t!