Monday, May 11, 2009

Ra, Ra, Sis-Boom-Ba

Currently Reading: 1 and 2 Timothy
Currently Learning: The Arcing Bible Study Method
Currently Dreaming Of: This Summer with My Family

Ahem, ahem... I have an announcement to make...

June 7, I will be running a half-marathon on Jeju Island here in Korea.
I have been training for the marathon for roughly 8 or 9 weeks, and I am getting closer and closer to the day of the race.
I have uploaded a Nike+ widget onto this blog page, so if you get curious, you can look at my latest runs and cheer me on until the big day!
I didn't want to write anything about it until I made sure that I would go through with signing up for the marathon (so that is why you haven't heard anything about it for the past month). Yesterday was my first double-digit run ever (10 miles)! It was pretty tough, seeing as it was in the hot afternoon sun in the middle of the day, but I finished, and am one step closer to 13.1! Wish me luck!

Sorry for the lame update, but I was feeling bad for depriving you of what's floating around in my head. It seems like I always have something to write about until I sit down at the keys (then it all escapes me)...
If only there were a way to connect my brain to the Web.

Kisses,
Brandon

3 comments:

Chris Morris said...

That is so awesome Brandon! Needless to say I am so proud of you!

natalie said...

so proud.
it's coming up!
what is your running shoe preference?

janna said...

there is a way. it's called twitter.
seriously, i heard about it on NPR--you can hook your brain up to twitter.

anyway. good luck with the training! no matter what happens, you've run 10 more miles at once that I ever have. and that fact alone should make you feel awesome.