Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brought to Life

Currently Hearing: The Cradle by Colour Revolt

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - Henry David Thoreau

This quote is resonating with me today. It seems, as of late, that God has been reaching in to places of my heart that I had been so out of touch with for the past few years. I think God is pricking these places because he wants to heal them - to make me fully alive and remind me that this side of me exists. The most significant periods of my life are those times when I have felt the most deeply. When I think back, I can remember those seasons with somewhat astonishing detail (for how bad my memory is). I am thankful that God is healing me so that I can view life a certain type of eyes and develop a fresh way of "seeing," taking less and less for granted and having a heart that swells with amazement at the story in which God has chosen to place me. I don't want to look back at my life only to see a dull, amorphous blob of years.

God, give us grace.

0 comments: