Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who Do You Work For?

Currently Hearing: Of Dangers and Ditches by Matt Chandler
Currently Hoping: I Don't Get Sick by A Plea to My Immune System

1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV)
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

What is the reason you do the things you do?
Do you do them for yourself?
Do you do them for the glory of God?
Is self promotion your motivation?
Do you seek to proclaim Christ in all things you do?

Chances are, the answers are usually as follows:
Myself.
More often than not.
Not normally.
Often.
Rarely.

It seems that almost daily I am further convinced of the depravity of humanity, and it is quite beautiful that in the midst of my certainty regarding the inherently sinful nature of mankind and the misappropriation of glory and worship on creation rather than Creator that I can find such graditude and praise for Christ welling up in the deepest parts of my heart.

I am a sinner.
I am guilty of glorifying myself or created things rather than Creator.

This is why I need the gospel.
This is why the Spirit tears off the blinders covering my eyes to show me my sin.
This is why Christ crucified frees me from fear and gives me joy unspeakable.
Now I am freed from sin, death, and punishment for my rebellion.
Now I am free to live a life that gives God glory and to pray that all the false security of earthly things would be stripped away.

May We Throw Ourselves Before the Cross of Christ,
Brandon

0 comments: