Monday, November 23, 2009

its the reincarnation of raekwon in an apron

Currently Hearing: Road to Till the Casket Drops by The Clipse
Currently Reading: The Theology of the Book of Revelation by Richard Bauckham
Currently Glad That: I Got to Drink Baja Blast Mountain Dew Tonight by Taco Bell
Currently Watching: Fringe and it makes me lose my mind
Currently Contemplating: How to Become a Famous Rap Producer

WARNING: The thoughts of this blog post are being improvised.

With that being said, I shall now begin.

These days I feel like things make sense and things don't make sense. Does that make sense?
In other words, i am realizing that this is probably how I will feel for the rest of my life. I operate as such: it seems like at least 85% of my thought life is consumed by thinking of God or something spiritual. It seems like I am always trying to figure out how something works out in your faith. And, I am glad (most of the time). My brain basically is always looking for answers, and I don't think it will ever stop. So, this means that I have to be confident in myself and my convictions while understanding that my life is one of development and growth. This is uncomfortable sometimes, because I basically would love to have a really good answer to every question that comes up in my mind. However, this seems impossible (at least, this is what my experience has taught me thus far in my life). I have such deep appreciation (and a dash of envy) for people who are so adamant about the theological systems to which they "adhere." I don't mean to say that I really love people who are arrogant or elitist or judgmental towards those who don't think the same way they think. I do mean to say that I love to see the devotion and confidence that I see of those ministers and scholars who I respect. I guess that is a confidence that comes with much prayer and study. As usual, those are the key ingredients of being "successful" in any spiritual endeavor.

0 comments: