Monday, April 28, 2008

Korean 7Up and Peanut Butter Crackers


I Miss My Best Friends

Currently Reading: Blood and Guts in High School by Kathy Acker (I don't recommend it - it has become an teeth pulling endeavor)
Currently Listening To: Relationship of Command by At the Drive-In

Well...
Apparently God doesn't want me to enter my students grades into the school gradebook system, because both times I have tried to do it in the past two days, something has gone wrong...
So, now I am sitting and drinking Korean 7Up and debating whether or not to make myself something to eat (I really want cookies, but I just don't have any)...
Um...
What has happened lately?

I saw Hillsong in Seoul (absolutely amazing - I needed it in my life)
I bought a candle from the store that produces no smell but claims to be apple-scented (and to think, it smelled so strong before I lit it - this is a pet peeve that I can't even start on, sort of like trying to wash your hands when the faucet is too close to the wash basin in the sink)
I just bought some candy for a kid in my homeroom (it is her birthday tomorrow)

2 comments:

Chris Goins said...

Brandon:

I love the blog... Great insights, thoughts and I really appreciate your honesty as it relates to purpose and destiny.

Also, thanks for the "heads up" on the The Glorious Unseen. I'll check them out right away.

Lately three CD's have been getting most of my listening attention... I would recommend all three:

The Raconteurs, Consolers of the Lonely
Lenny Kravitz, It Is Time For A Love Revolution
P.O.D., When Angels and Serpents Dance

Good Stuff.

Also, after reading one of your posts a quote by Frederick Buechner came to mind. I love this quote. Maybe somehow it will help as you continue to process your journey.

“There are all different kinds of voices calling to you, all different kinds of work and the problem is finding out which is the voice of God, rather than that of society, say, or the super-ego or self-interest. By and large, a good rule for finding out is this: The kind of work God usually calls you to, is the kind of work (a) that you need most to do, and (b) that the world most needs to be done.”

“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” (Frederick Buechner, Wishful Thinking: A Theological ABC (New York: Harper & Row, 1973), 95.)

One more thing, thanks for living adventurously... So many of us just sort of "sleep walk" through life... We never really live because we're so scared of blowing it, getting hurt, landing flat on our face, the list goes on...

Stepping out to live in Korea... Spring break in Thailand... Backpacking across Asia... Pretty cool stuff... And I'm certain that somewhere along the way, you're getting to see God's activity like you've never seen it before.

God's best to you, man.

Thanks for the comments on the blog...

Chris

Bishop Timothy E Brown said...

Bear,
Go ahead and have a cookie...you are worth it!

Love,

Your loyal, adoring fan-Mom