Monday, April 21, 2008

The Song for April Is...



Currently Reading: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
Currently Listening To: Legends of Rodeo

Well...
I have got some updating that I am going to do...
I just got back from Thailand, which was great...
In Bangkok, we got to experience the Thai New Year, which is basically a 3-day-long water fight where everyone's goal is to soak you and rub clay all over your face...
Needless to say, it was amazing...
Then, we went to Phuket, where I was able to lay by a swimming pool for hours on end and get hit on by gangs of cross-dressing male prostitutes (this was both frightening and saddening)...
Now, we are back and teaching again...
All good things come to an end, yeah?

Now, on to the serious stuff I have been thinking about...
(You knew it was coming)
Basically, I just want to make sure that I "do" life right, at this point...
What I mean by this is that I just want to live life the way it is meant to be lived starting now, rather than putting it off until I know what I am supposed to be "doing" with my life...
Does this make sense to anyone else but me?
This doesn't mean I am living in sin or sowing wild oats or doing whatever I please until God snaps me out it...
Rather, I am just trying to walk into my destiny...
It is just tough to know what to do sometimes when you don't see the "end" result on the horizon...
I know nobody knows the future, but at least some people have an idea of their callings and what they ultimately want to do...
For me, this has never been the case...

However, God has been super-faithful to me lately...
For instance, last night, I felt God tell me not to do something because it is safe, but to do it because it is worth it...
So many times, this is so hard...
Even when I go on "crazy" adventures, I somehow do them with a level of comfort...
Basically, I am just wanting to live the life that is tailor-made for me by the Great Designer...
And, I love how God is wanting to reveal that life to me slowly but surely...
I have been re-exposed to some really encouraging and challenging words from God and they are stirring in my spirit...
As I often say in times like this - I am feelin' it...

1 comments:

Micah Andrews said...

Dang man... you are thin... and quite sexy with the massive facial hair. Listen, your thoughts make perfect sense to a man who is just walking. Not necessarily in God's will or out of God's will... but just walking. I'm at a place where on the inside I just needed a change of scenery and I felt like God said "O.K." The most freeing thought happened when I realized that not working at a church wasnt a sin. Sounds a little crazed I know. But I am finding out that God seems to be more concerned with the fact that you are walking than which little rabbit trail you take day after day. Anyway, I will leave you once again with the quote that is steering my way...

"Don't ask yourself what does the world need, but rather ask yourself what makes me completely alive... and go do that... because what the world really needs is Godly men who are truly alive."

Miss you like crazy (great title for a not-so-great 80's chic song, but nonetheless... true)

Micah