Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trait #1: You Have a Hard Time Following Through

Well, as the title suggests, I haven't been doing such a great job about keeping all the people back home in the good ole' U.S. of A. posted on my happenings over here...
Anyways, the past is past, right?
Let's turn this mess into a message...

Basically, I have learned some things about myself since I have been here...
I mean, I guess I always sort of knew them, but taking a test about yourself sort of has a way of concretizing all those things that float around in your head while you are folding laundry (yes, Mom, I fold my clothes - my room is actually, dare I say, quite impeccable), taking a shower, or staring at the ceiling before you fall asleep...
So, during our Teacher In-Service Training, we all took personality tests about what "color" personalities we possess...

One can be 1.) orange 2.) gold 3.) blue 4.) green

Well, orange is normally adventurous, outdoor-loving, spontaneous...
Gold is very time-oriented, organized, appreciates the value of money and family (very structured)
Blue is very artistic, poetic, introspective, sensitive, etc.
Green is very calculative, drawn to logic, etc.

For anyone who truly knows me, I scored off the charts blue...
Since that, even though I joke about it, my life makes a lot more sense...
I guess I always assumed a was a very "big picture" kind of guy (this also ties in to my Strengths - Intellection, Restorative, Adaptability, Connectedness, Input)...
But, I am beginning to think that there is a fine line between looking at the big picture and looking at the consequences of things (here is where connectedness comes into play)...
I feel like throughout my life, I have done a pretty good job of staying out of trouble for the sake of understanding cause-and-effect scenarios...
However, I am not so sure I have a firm grasp on the big picture of things (i.e., life)...
I probably could have articulated myself way better last week or so when I was thinking about it, but it is coming back to my mind as I type...
Anyways, sorry this isn't truly a Korea post about my adventures in Seoul (though I did go there last weekend)...
But, I mean, the people who read this want to know me on a deeper level anyway...
So, if you have made it this far in my introspective rant, I indeed salute you...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon! Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it more than you know.

Korea huh! That's awesome man. I pray that God's best is yours while there.

This is an AWESOME time in your life man! Soak it up!