Tuesday, March 4, 2008

At 22, I've Got Cement Shoes...

Well...
I am listening to my Bible class speak in a language that I really just don't know while they are working on their projects...
These kids are really funny sometimes, but I just don't feel like being at school right now...
It is snowing like CRAZY right now...
Literally, we are talking like 15 minutes and the ground was covered in snow...
It is blowing my mind as we speak...
Hmm...
Update...
We went to Seoul this weekend, and I watched the girls shop and wandered around the subway...
I love public transportation, but not watching girls shop...
I mean, I like watching girls, but, you know what I mean...
(haha - I just had such a Holden Caulfield moment... my hero!)
Um...
I graded papers at Starbucks on Sunday night in Cheongju...
I gave my first test last Friday...
The kids didn't do that well overall...
I was experiencing such a mix of emotions - anger, disappointment, it was really weird...
Anyways...
I might have to start teaching English to elementary schoolers at an academy affiliated with the school...
It is a surefire way to get a visa, but it is more work, lesson plans, grading, time, etc...
However, it is $300 extra a month, which will come in handy if/when I travel after school...
Things here are well...
I started running again...
It has been cool to go out at night and just run through town and look around...
I get some strange looks, because I am sure the people of this small town don't expect a big white dude to be jogging in Eumseong at like 9 p.m.
I just finished lesson plans for the week, and think I might start my history lesson notes for tomorrow...
Maybe I will be able to put up pictures in the next couple weeks...
Love you, Mom! (Let's be honest, you are the only person who reads this, that is if you haven't stopped, too)

2 comments:

Bishop Timothy E Brown said...

I have not stopped reading your blog. I adore your meandering thoughts about your day. To this Mom, your writings become a literary masterpiece to be framed or put on the frig! Love always, Mom

Unknown said...

I also read your blogs! Not only because I am addicted to the computer, but because I think they are really good and you are the only person I know that lives in a foreign country.

We miss you and hope you are doing well. Find a hot Korean chick, marry her, and move back over here!