Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In Athens...

Currently Reading: (Just Read the Post)
Currently Hearing: Dirty and Left Out by The Almost

Acts 17:24
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us."

I don't claim to know everything about Scripture, nor would I ever claim to. However, I do know that I can cling to that phrase. God is so much closer than we realize. I think once we begin to wrap our minds around this idea, it can completely revolutionize everything in our very cores. Too many times, I tend to view God as the white-bearded, distant, aloof Judge that is waiting to kick my butt or knock me back in line. It is so simple for me to forget that God the Son came in the flesh! God couldn't have come any closer to humanity! That is truly insane to think about. Not only did Jesus, the Christ, come to earth, but while he was here, he revealed the Father to the fullest - yes, that same Father that I think is sitting around waiting to bust my soul's chops. And, there's more! After Jesus left to prepare a place for us, he sent the Holy Spirit so that we may continue to experience God with us. This is so amazing. I pray that we, the followers of Christ, see this continuity between the members of the Trinity and let it truly revolutionize every aspect of our lives.

0 comments: