Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Playlists & College Writing Activities

Currently Reading: Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Currently Hearing: You Remind Me of Home by Benjamin Gibbard

Okay, so...
My last semester of college, my poetry professor gave us this warm-up at the beginning of class, and I loved it. Basically, all you do is write "I believe" at the top of your paper and just start jotting down things you believe. Here goes a spontaneous blog entry...

"I believe"...

God is real. Life hurts sometimes. Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm is sent to us from heaven. Christ is not truly embodied by the vast majority of Christians (including myself). Books are always a good investment. You have to go on a road trip before you die. The same angels that delivered humans the sacred Lip Balm of Burt also led humankind to stumble upon the coffee bean. Having crazy dreams that make no sense is awesome. Dudes look better with facial hair - no exception. The kingdom of God is hardly being realized by most. Due to the aforementioned statement, God has to have a crazy amount of patience and grace. Buying that expensive fabric softener at Costco was well worth it. Lots of things are easier said than done. Life is all about the journey. I beat myself up too much sometimes. Hardly anything can compete with a great day in the Fall. My Mom and Dad love me. I've gotten to do a lot of awesome stuff in 23 years. My life is statistically almost 1/3 over. I should start doing push-ups. A really good movie is a hard find. Being like Christ and being spiritually pompous don't equate. People who are good at painting and love it are awesome. Money sucks. The role of the Christian in politics is extremely confusing. Breakdancing is an art form. Falling in love with a new artist changes everything. Sleeping until your body naturally wakes up is the greatest. I want more education.

Give it a try...

Let me know what comes up

Kingdom,
Brandon

1 comments:

kristen elisa said...

I think I'm going to try this.... it's one of those stream of consciousness things that always seems to rock my socks off.

I'm trying to figure out what two words that I want to use at first in order to launch my thoughts. Any suggestions?