Thursday, October 16, 2008

Go Ahead and Love Me

Currently Reading: The Sovereignty of God by A.W. Pink and Korean through English by Sang-Oak Lee
Currently Hearing: At Home with Owen by Owen
Currently Thinking: I Need a Korean Teacher by My Own Finitude and Difficulty in Grasping Korean Grammatical Concepts
Currently Hoping: That I Remember My Dreams When I Awake by My Alarm Clock

My good friends in M83 have a delightful saying: Saturdays=Youth
Well, I have adopted my own new catch phrase: Sweatpants=Comfort

There is just something so great about sweats...
Is it the elastic? the feeling of a band of cloth stretched around your ankle? the reminder of what my Dad looked like when he used to take me to school?
No, it is something else...
For some reason, sweatpants are equated with a certain time of year, and even a certain feeling in my soul...
When I put on sweatpants, I think about laying around at my friends' houses, sleeping in, drinking coffee, and feeling like life is perfect...
Now, before you tell me that I sound like a girl, just think about it...
It could be that sweatpants are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg...
Perhaps maybe it is more about how Fall feels...
Something about this time of year - the change of seasons, the drop in temperature, the wearing of layers - makes me just feel different...

I guess sweatpants just do that to some people...

What are your "sweatpants?"

4 comments:

Jesse said...

Cocaine.

Jesse said...

You are right. I should try to answer your posts much more seriously. Besides we are the only people that read our blogs… I sometimes have to ignore the fact that I am only writing to you and pace.

My sweatpants…hhmmm?

Well I guess I feel that way about flip flops but I wear them year round so I guess it’s not the same thing. I think a good slice of pumpkin pie and a cup of coffee really connects me to the fall spirit. I hate to mention starbucks in this sort of thing but they have really become an intricate part of my fall (not the fall of man – sin just in case you were confused) with their pumpkin spice latte. Also open windows does wonders as well as a fireplace or pit.

Sorry about the cocaine.

Jesse said...

I'll probably be going down sometime hopefully at the end of the month. I actually had a phone interview at a church down there for a student pastor position... it went really well. So I may be going down there for that as well. Stephen M. doesnt seem to want to call me back. But thats ok I'll just keep bugging him. As usual my advice to you is start in the Spring or winter term!!!

Jesse said...

Now you have four comments all from one person... this is a very active blog!