Monday, October 6, 2008

Have You Ever Been All Messed Up?

Currently Reading: Love God With All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul by J.P. Moreland
Currently Hearing: Neon Golden by The Notwist
Currently Loving: Sitting in My Underwear by Having My Own Room

Well, I am reading this great book that a friend of mine recommended to me...
It is making me want to go back to school like crazy...
Moreland is articulating so many of the things that I believe as a Christian...

In the first few chapters of his book, the author is saying so much about how important it is that Christians do the hard task of disciplined study as responsible believers in a God with Perfect Knowledge and Reason...
He briefly takes the reader through the dismal spiral that Christians have sped downwards into - and reminds individuals how vital it is to be able to responsibly articulate one's faith to those looking from the outside of the Christian faith in...

Before you become afraid that he might be neglecting the personal devotion that is necessary in the live of a follower of Christ, let me soothe your nerves by letting you know that Moreland back almost every point he has made thus far with sound biblical hermeneutics and application, making the claim that he would never take passages out of context and merely proof-text them to persuade the reader and has made several references like such: "... our intellectual development must be balanced with devotion to growth in other aspects of our human selves" (53).

From my limited encounter with this book, I have gathered that Moreland is a man that has thoughtfully reasoned and has a carefully articulated faith, and I am proud to know that there are Christians like this...
Let's keep the dream alive and strive to know what we believe, so that we may aid in the discipleship of our lives and the lives of others with informed integrity...

Read this book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe that you are well on your way to having a really famous blog. You need to hire your mom as an agent. She is your biggest fan.

Blessings

Jesse said...

I saw wild sweet orange play last night. Of course it made me think of you. They were really good... we should been in a good band together.