Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sort This Out On Your Own Time...

Currently Reading: Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman
Currently Listening To: Low Level Owl: Volume 1 by The Appleseed Cast

Well...
It is the weekend here in lovely Korea...
There are like 30 days of left before school is over (this is including weekends - CUH-RAZY!)
I think, at this point, I am going to return...
I just feel like there is so much more to see and do here...
Last weekend, we had our school's annual Spring Festival, which is basically a glorified field day...
I had so much fun with all the kids, I couldn't imagine just never seeing any of them again...
Also, I feel that God isn't displeased at the potential of my staying here...
So, as far as I know, I will be teaching another semester...
By the looks of things, I will be getting to teach a History of Christianity course (I am still holding out to see if I will get to teach an Introduction to Theology course)...

Tonight was a funny night...
Recently (a few weeks ago), the car that 6 or so of us Lee teachers use broke down...
It is going to cost way too much to fix, so we are just holding out and living car-less lives for the rest of the school year...
Some of the other teachers have a car, but it is a lot smaller, and they decided to go to Costco tonight to grocery shop...
The car was full, so not everyone could go, and a friend of mine and I decided to take a bus to Cheongju (which is about 45 minutes away) for a good dinner...
We weren't able to get there until almost 8...
It wasn't until we arrived at the station that we found out that the last bus left at 9...
We wanted "real" food so badly we decided to go for it...
We didn't finish in time, missed the bus, and neither of us or any of our friends have cell phones...
So, we found a creepy gamer/internet cafe and tried to email our friends...
Luckily, it worked, and some of them came to get us...
It was pretty hilarious, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it...
I love it when crazy things happen - it makes life so much more memorable...

Anyways, I am going to close by adding some poems by my friend's 7th grade ESL class...
I loved them!
(they are in their original form with no corrections - keep in mind, these kids are not native speakers, which is why I think they are so awesome)

CLOCK by Edward Park

tic
toc tic
Clock is moving and
time is going and going
my golden time is going
and going my memory's
are going and going
I will cut out a sad feeling
and starting up and
finally I will
become rich
and lawyer

BLOOD by Grant Kim

blood is always circulation.
time is always circulation.
when blood and time circulation,
some people feel good
but some people feel bad

CLOCK by Kerry Ha

Time is
time tack
Ta time is
tick tack
Time is
ti... ti... stop
we must
Change battery

BLACK CLOUD by Kerry Ha

dark and sad
i cry
you cry
They cry
But
we smille

[A CAN] by Dorothy Shin

A can what was drunk.
The can rolled
the streets
Someone trod
the can
Someone kicked
the can

and
cleaner
threw away
the can into
separate garbage collection
The poor and dirty can recycled.
and the can became new can.

FRIEND by Rose Cho

sit
on the flower
flower smell
emanate
we make
beautiful sight
above all
my name
is butterfly
and we
are the
friend

HAPPY SEEN by Sonia Son (this one is my personal favorite)

have you ever seen
a bird family?
chatter happily
& dance activly
& open their small mouths
I smiled

0 comments: