Monday, May 26, 2008

It's a Tough Job Being a Seon Saeng Nim...


Currently Reading: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison & The Enchiridion on Faith, Hope, and Love by St. Augustine
Currently Listening To: And the Glass Handed Kites by Mew

Well, I was going to get on and post the pictures of me and my homeroom when we had our little "photo shoot" for our 2-page spread in the yearbook...
But, this picture of my Dad took the cake...
I guess all I am saying is, I love my family for reasons like this...

In other news, I am set to go to China...
The ticket has been purchased, now I have to get my visa from the Chinese Embassy in Seoul...
I have to go to Immigration tomorrow and get some things sorted out, too...
But, after that, everything is a go, I do believe...
Only 4 weeks left of school...
Today, we didn't have classes because of ESL testing, which was amazing, because I was a grade-A zombie life form all day...
Anyways, I am getting stoked on this Mew CD...
I forgot how good it was, and I just downloaded it so I could listen to it again, considering the fact my old iPod crashed and took some precious tunes to the electronic grave in its incessantly whirring, frozen-screened grasp...

Next week, some friends and I, as well as a group from Jeil Sungdo English Ministry, the church I attend here in Korea, are headed off to the Empower 2008 conference...
That should be pretty amazing...
It is nice to be getting a little more plugged in to some ministries here...
That was definitely something struggled with being here a while back...
I think I am going to get to start playing bass a couple Sundays a month, too...
So, a "yippee" seems appropriate here...

My spiritual nugget for this post, I suppose, is about the Lord's Prayer...
I prayed the Lord's Prayer the other day...
Not just recited it, but actually prayed it...
It really is an amazing way to communicate with God...
It is so rich in community/other-oriented language, dependence and submission to the Father, respect and acknowledgment of the person of God, and an expectancy for the Kingdom to be manifested here on earth...
I love it...
So, maybe try to pray the Lord's Prayer some time...
I mean - I didn't necessarily restrict myself to a recitation, either...
It was more of a starting point for communication with God...
Just give it a shot...
Really think about making God's name sacred and aligning your desires so that your heart's cry is that the Kingdom will be more evident here on earth through your reliance and conforming to the will of God...
Let me know what you think, yeah?

In Christ

0 comments: